We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2014-15 educational progress for the Northwest Community School and our schools. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and some requirements of state laws. Our staff is available to help you understand this information. Please contact Teri Stevenson for help if you need assistance.
The DISTRICT AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site MI School Data or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school.
These reports contain the following information:
Student Assessment Data – Elementary or middle school assessment results on the Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP), high school assessment results on the M-STEP component of the Michigan Merit Exam (MME), and assessment results for students with disabilities on Michigan’s Alternative Assessment Program (MI-Access).
- Presents achievement data for all four tested subjects (English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies) compared to targets for all students as well as subgroups of students
- Helps parents understand achievement progress within schools and compare these to district and state achievement
Accountability Scorecard – Detail Data and Status
Due to the transition from MEAP tests to the M-STEP test, the accountability portion of the AER is limited to assessment participation and graduation/attendance rates. Full accountability reporting will resume with the 2015-16 AER.
Teacher Qualification Data
- Identifies teacher qualifications at district and school levels
- Reports percentage of core academic classes taught by teachers not considered highly qualified to teach such classes
NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- Provides state results of the national assessment in mathematics and reading every other year in grades 4 and 8
We have a well-earned reputation of academic excellence in the Northwest Community School District and we are committed to helping all students achieve greatness. The biggest key to the overall success of our students and our district, however, is in our ability to work in partnership with our parents and the community and to create a positive culture for our students to thrive. We hope that you feel welcome in our schools and that you will take advantage of opportunities to become involved, to learn more about our school district and to be a part of the many great things that are taking place.
Northwest Community Schools Annual Report
If you are interested in reviewing the above educational components for other districts, please visit https://www.mischooldata.org/.